1. There will be a mix of abilities from super stretchy to “the only way I can touch my toes is by sitting on a chair and bending my leg” and everything in-between. Which is perfect and how it should be. Everyone is there for the same reason, to look after themselves improve how they move and enhance their quality of life as a result.
2. Everyone wears what they want from joggers or soft trousers to leggings. No high fashion needed.
3. Mats are available for the session, you don’t need to buy equipment. With the Alnwick gardens classes let me know the day before if you would like to borrow a mat.
4. People are super welcoming, honestly I haven’t had a student come to class who wasn’t just lovely.
5. You will touch places you haven’t for a while, which is a good thing. But at no point will you ever be asked to do anything you feel uncomfortable with.
6. There will be a thousand different varieties for every position from students who take the class from a chair to ex athletes. Don’t think that either your needs won’t be adapted to but equally that you won’t be challenged. I love to teach classes to a variety of bodies and make it (hopefully) fun for everyone.
7. You can ask questions I am a very experienced teacher and have been teaching for nearly two decades now. I have taken 6 teacher training courses in 4 different countries and two continents so am happy to have my brain picked.
8. You will hear bad jokes. Sorry it’s just how I am.
9. You will feel super chilled by the end. There is just something magical about moving with breath that can’t be explained only experienced.
10. On top of all of that you will of course get stronger and more flexible!